Born on April 22, 1980 at Rajkot, India; Lives in Sydney, Australia
Current Affiliations :
- Associate Professor and Associate Dean, Crown Institute of Higher Education, Sydney, Australia (www.cihe.edu.au)
- Fellow, Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia and New Zealand (www.managersandleaders.com.au)
- Sessional Lecturer, Australian Catholic University (www.acu.edu.au)
- Visiting Professor and Research Supervisor at School of Business, Amrita University, India (www.amrita.edu/asb)
- Australia Ambassador, Global Innovation Mangement Institute, Massachusetts USA (www.giminstitute.org)
- Invited Researcher and Lecturer, Telecom Ecole de Management, France (www.telecom-em.eu/en)
- Sessional Lecturer, Sydney City School of Business, Australia (www.top.edu.au)
- Expert, InnoVaventures UG, Germany (www.innovaventures.com)
- Fellow, International Entrepreneurship Academy (www.intentac.org)
- Director at IBH Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (www.ibhconsultants.com)
- Associate Professor and Academic Board Member, Australian Institute of Higher Education, Sydney (www.aih.nsw.edu.au) — July 2015 to December 2018
- Senior Development Advisor, The Sustain Group, Australia (www.sustaingroup.net)
- Visiting Academic, Centre for Sustainable and Responsible Organization (CSaRO), Deakin University, Australia — December 2012 to December 2014
- Associate Professor of Management at School of Business, Amrita University, India (www.amrita.edu/asb) — June 2013 to May 2015
- Assistant Professor Management at School of Business, Amrita University, India (www.amrita.edu/asb) — August 2009 to June 2013
- Lean Manufacturing Consultant (‘A’ Grade) of National Productivity Council, Government of India (http://www.lmcs-npc.gov.in) — August 2009 to June 2011
- Erasmus Post Doctoral Fellow at Department of Management, University of Bologna, Italy (www.sa.unibo.it) — August 2010 to June 2011
- Approved QMS Consultant of Quality Council of India (www.qcin.org) — June 2005 to December 2010
- Lecturer of Management at T.N.Rao College of Management Studies, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, India (www.tnrcms.org) — June 2005 to August 2009
- Centre Manager and Partner at IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd., Rajkot and Jamnagar (www.imsindia.com) — February 2005 to July 2009
Educational Background :
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110, Australian Adult Learning Institute (05/2015)
|Post Doctoral Fellowship||Department of Management,Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy(www.sa.unibo.it)||August 2010||
|Supervisor : Prof. Maurizio Sobrero, Professor and Head, Department of Management, University of Bologna|
|Ph.D. in Management||School of Business Management,Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), India (www.nmims.edu)||July 2006||June 2009 (Award 2010)|
|Research Area||Role of innovation in the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) of Rajkot from 1987 to 2007.|
|Doctoral Supervisor: Dr. S. R. GaneshThesis Evaluation Committee Members:Dr. Dinesh Awasthi: Director, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, AhmedabadDr. Abhishek Nirjar : Associate Professor of Strategy, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow|
|MBA||Department of Business Management,Saurashtra University, Rajkot, India(www.saurashtrauniversity.edu)||July 2000||June 2002|
|Major Subjects Studied||Strategic Management, Quantitative Techniques, Marketing Management, Economics, Organizational Behavior and Development[Awarded ‘The best student of the batch (2000-2002)’]|
|BA||SaurashtraUniversity,Rajkot,India(www.saurashtrauniversity.edu)||July 1997||June 2000|
|Major Subjects Studied||English Drama, History, Indian Culture and Values|
Editorial / Review Contributions
|01||IBSU Scientific Journal, Tbilisi, GeorgiaPublisher : International Black Sea University, Tbilisi, Georgia||Assistant Editor & Reviewer|
|02||International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change (Published by IGI Globa, An Official publication of Information Resources Management Association)||International Reviewer Board Member|
|03||Journal of Higher EducationPublisher : Higher Education Forum, Mumbai||International Advisory Board Member|
|04||Exploration – Indian Journal of MultidisciplinePublisher : Dhanwate National College, Nagpur||Advisory Board Member|
|05||International Conference on Concepts and Indicators of Innovation (ICICI 2010), October 2010, Stuttgart, Germany||Organizing Committee member|
|06||Leadership (Sage, UK) Special Issue on ‘Leadership in Asia, 2011)||Guest Reviewer|
|07||International Journal of Innovation and Regional DevelopmentPublisher : Inderscience||Guest Reviewer|
|08||International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable DevelopmentPublisher : Inderscience||Guest Reviewer|
|09||Continuous Innovation Network (CINet) Conference 2009||Guest Reviewer|
Awards & Achievements :
- Awarded for outstanding contribution to the profession of teaching as a Young Teacher for the year 2010-2011 by Higher Education Forum (http://www.highereduforum.org/). The award was sponsored by AICAR Business School (http://www.aicar.net/) and was presented by Prof. Y.K.Bhushan (http://www.welingkar.org/welingkar/v1/aims_convention/pop_up/bhushan.asp) at H.R. College, Mumbai on 5/September/2011 on the occasion of Teacher’s Day.
- Recipient of Euro 5,000/- Staff Exchange Fellowship from European Union under Erasmus Mundus Program. (2013)
- Recipient of research grant of A$ 15,000/- from Centre for Sustainabile and Responsible Organization (CSaRO), Deakin University, Australia. (2012)
- Recipient of US $ 1,000/- funding support from Iranian Society for Quality. (2011)
- Recipient of Euro 20,000/- Post Doctoral Fellowship from European Commission under Erasmus Mundus Program. (2010)
- Recipient of Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) funding of US$ 1500/- for research presentation at International Conference on Indicators and Concepts of Innovation (ICICI) 2008 in Bern, Switzerland.
- European Union assistance to conduct a seminar at InterCluster 2008 in Paris.
- Recipient of ‘Certification of Appreciation’ for outstanding contribution in Research and Publication for the year 2010-11 from Amrita University, India.
- Recipient of CII BMW Foundation assistance to present research findings on Indo German corporate Culture at Fourth Indo–German Young Leader’s Forum Conference 2008.
- Winner of ‘The Best Paper Award’ at National Conference organized by ISME, Bangalore and Quality Council of India on 30/January/2010.
- Created 10 case studies on innovation practices used by SME entrepreneurs from the cluster of Rajkot, Gujarat.
- Regular writer of popular column ‘Letters from India’, focusing on various facets of innovations from Indian perspective in Italy’s leading online innovation journal http://www.lifestylentrepreneur.org/.
- Research collaboration for funded projects with scholars from Switzerland, Germany and Singapore.
- ‘A’ Grade Lean Manufacturing Consultant — 2009-2011
- Approved QMS and Lean Consultant by Quality Council of India (QCI). (www.qcin.org) — 2005 to 2010
- Certified BPO Quality Analyst by NASSCOM and QAI.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Certified TS 16949 Internal Auditor by IATF.
- Former Member of the Board of Examiners for Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (Based on Baldridge National Quality Award Framework)
- Honorary Centre coordinator for National Centre for Quality Management (July 2002-July 2007). Successfully designed, executed and delivered one year Diploma in TQM through distance learning mode. (www.ncqm.com)
- Worked as a process improvement consultant for Department of Customs and Central Excise, Government of India, regional HQ at Rajkot, and Bank of India.
- Implemented Quality Management System in more than 100 small and medium enterprises from 40 different industries including automobile, machine tools, forging, casting, medical devices, education, services, healthcare in India, Middle East and Africa.
- Trained and mentored more than 300 entrepreneurs / owner managers / executives on various dimensions of quality, innovation and management.
- Pioneered one of its kind programs in the country to create a league of Certified Management Representatives for QMS.
College / University Teaching / Administration
- Visiting faculty, tutor and masters’ degree research advisor to number of undergraduate and post graduate management and sociology business schools of the region.
- Member of board of examiners of Shri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology (Affiliated to Anna University), Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
- Moderator of on-line student mentorship community and a blog on management and sociology. Around 1000 students from India and abroad are members of these platforms and have sought advice for their career related inquiries.
- Member of various industry and academic associations. Strong networking with various management education stakeholders.
- Active participant in admission process of college / university since 2005.
- Part of core team implementing AACSB accreditation at Amrita School of Business. Complete implementation knowhow of requirements of ISO 9001, IiP, NAAC and NBA.
Language Skills :
English (fluent), Italian (basic), Hindi (fluent), Gujarati (mother tongue)
Nationality : Indian
Permanent resident : Australia